Ingredients: 1 Kg. of small potatoes, 2 handfuls (1/4 Kg) of salt, 3 or 4 glasses of water.
1. Carefully wash the potatoes without peeling them but making sure that all the soil is removed from their jackets.
2. Place the potatoes in a pot along with the salt and add water until the potatoes are just covered completely
Once they are cooked, take out the water and place the pot with the potatoes again on to heat, moving them until they dry up (approximately two minutes).
3. Remove the pot from the heat and leave it to stand for several minutes wrapped in a cloth.
4. To end with, serve them on a tray and pour mojo evenly on top.
"Mojo Rojo o Picón"
(Red or Spicy Mojo)
Ingredients: 1 bulb of garlic, 2 hot peppers, 1 teaspoon of cumin grains, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 4 spoons of vinegar, 15 spoons of olive oil and cooking salt to taste.
1. Peel and chop up the garlic cloves. Grind them in a mortar along with the cumin grains, the peppers with the seeds removed, and the cooking salt until they bind into a soft paste.
2. Add the paprika, and then slowly add the oil and vinegar while you stir it all into a thick paste.
3. This paste can be diluted to taste by using a small cup of water.
This sauce can be kept in good condition for several months in the fridge.
You can also make a not so spicy, milder sauce by using sweet peppers instead of hot peppers.
Via - http://www.grancanaria.com/patronato_turismo/5674.0.html#c15634